I love mornings. I think I had forgotten how much I love them. Waking up early, getting moving, facing the day with time to spare. I had gotten into a habit of sleeping in or watching television in the morning. That’s bad. That’s no good. So, I have developed some morning memorandums for inspiration.
1. Speaking of inspiration. Inspiration seems to be at its best early in the morning and late at night, but early in the morning you can write by the light of the rising sun. This will save on your electric bill.
2. Watching television early in the morning will do nothing to motivate you to get up and off the couch. And it will probably make you late for work. Most likely. From experience I can solidly say that it definitely will. And that next episode of The Office will still be on Netflix when you get off.
3. Morning coffee shop people have interesting habits that are fun to watch. Like the guy who orders a large iced coffee and a small iced steamed milk. I mean, he was wearing jeans with a button down shirt tucked in and a spiked hairstyle that even I knew was outdated.
4. The gym is open early in the morning. It is not open late at night. Therefore any time you make the excuse not to work out that you don’t have time in the evenings, you aren’t really being true to yourself. Be honest, you just didn’t want to work out. Don’t tell lies.
5. There are dozens of coffee shops in this town and you have barely seen any of them. Ignore for a second how much coffee tears up your stomach and focus on the ambiance – and the delicious tea selections many of them provide. Plus, if you get up early enough to go the gym first, then the coffee shop, you could indulge in a guilt-free freshly baked pastry.
6. Breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day, it’s also the best meal of the day. So, wake up early to give your chance not only to make it, but to truly savor it. Whether it’s fried eggs, turkey sausage, grits, sliced tomatoes, and freshly squeezed orange juice or Greek yogurt with sliced strawberries and bananas sprinkled with almond granola and drizzled in honey take the time to be inspired by your morning fuel. And enjoy.
7. In the summer it’s nice to get outside, but sometimes it’s tough to beat the heat. Hello early morning strolls! Somewhere nature-y, of course. And after a healthy dose of allergy medicine including a pill, nose spray, and eye drops.
Seven is a nice round number, so I’ll leave it off at that. I feel lots of early morning posts coming on. Good morning Summer!